Quick Facts Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia (AME BC)
AME BC is the lead association for the mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia. Established in 1912, AME BC represents, advocates, protects and promotes the interests of 4,500 corporate and individual members who are engaged in mineral exploration and development in B.C. and throughout the world. AME BC encourages a safe, economically strong and environmentally responsible industry by providing clear initiatives, policies, events and tools to support its membership.
AME BC’s annual conference, Mineral Exploration Roundup, attracts delegates from 44 countries around the world. Mineral Exploration Roundup 2013 was attended by over 7,800 people, and generated $8.5 million for the Vancouver economy. Mineral Exploration and Development Are Important to BC
BC is a Centre of Excellence for Mineral Exploration
- The safe, modern mineral exploration and mining sector employs 28,000 people in more than 50 BC communities. In addition, there are several thousand additional jobs in the service sector that rely on exploration and the mining industry.
- Companies spent $680 million on exploration projects in 2012, up from $463 million on exploration projects in BC in 2011, $322 million in 2010 and $154 million in 2009.
- Vancouver has the highest concentration of exploration and mining professionals in the world.
- BC developed a mineral exploration code adapted for use in 35 countries around the world.
- Sixty per cent of Canadian exploration companies are based in BC, and 69 per cent of TSX and TSX-V stock exchange listed companies based in BC are involved in the mineral exploration and mining sector.
More information? View www.amebc.ca/resources-and-publications/resources-overview.aspx
or contact AME BC at 604.689.5271 or firstname.lastname@example.org