Introduction to Exploration Safety Short Course
Students and new geoscientists are strongly encouraged to register for our short course offered as a three-day lunch-and-learn event. Learn about traversing safety, camp safety, field gear, hypothermia and cold-water survival, transportation safety and bear safety from our experienced presenters.
- Dates: Thursday, March 4; Tuesday, March 9 and Thursday March, 11
- Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PST
- Where: Zoom*
*Please note this is an interactive Short Course and you may be required to turn on your camera and mic.
Thursday, March 4
- 12:00 Welcome, Safety Orientation, and Introductions – Jonathan Buchanan, AME
- 12:10 Safety Together: How YOU Can Make A Difference – Janice Fingler, P.Geo, PMP, ACC, Janice Fingler Associates
- 12:25 Surface Transportation – Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd.
- 12:50 Safe Approaches to Traversing in Remote Areas – Janice Fingler, P.Geo, PMP, ACC, Janice Fingler Associates
Tuesday, March 9
- 12:00 Field Gear and What Is Required – Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd.
- 12:45 Ice Safety and Cold-Water Survival – Jim Douglas (PCP), Raven Rescue
Thursday, March 11
- 12:00 Safety in Exploration Camps – Kendra Johnston, P.Geo, MBA, AME
- 12:20 Helicopter Safety – Maria Gabriel, P.Geo, Anglo American
- 12:40 Safety Around Bears – Abby Cousins, P.Geo, North Coal
- 1:25 Closing Remarks
$30 Students*| $60 Members | $120 Non-Members
Recordings will be available to registered attendees after the live event.
*UBC EOAS Field School students: Please register directly with Ian Ayeras at [email protected]
Information coming soon…