Association for Mineral Exploration BC (AME) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant on a part-time, three days per week for its Vancouver office, with some overtime or flexible working hours as necessary, including the end of January around the annual Roundup event.
AME is the lead association for the mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia. Established in 1912, AME represents, advocates, protects, and promotes the interests of thousands of members who are engaged in the industry. Drawing from the Strategic Plan and annual top policy issues, AME delivers on its goals through a combination of advocacy, leadership, and partnerships. AME engages with governments, stakeholders and Indigenous communities and supports its members through clear initiatives, policy positions, events and tools that encourage a safe, inclusive, economically strong, and environmentally responsible mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia.
AME is committed to serving its diverse membership by creating an equitable and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin, religion or religious belief.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Under the direction of the President and CEO, the Administrative Assistant will assist the staff in all administrative duties to support AME and members and plays a key role in the efficient, effective running of the front office, reception, kitchen, meeting rooms, supplies and library. The Administration Assistant role requires excellent customer service skills. The role is designed to be three days per week with some overtime or flexible working hours as necessary, including the end of January around the annual Roundup event.
1. Front Desk, Reception and Kitchen
- Welcome and assist members, suppliers, committee members and guests entering the office
- Manage and maintain the front office, reception, kitchen, meeting rooms, supplies and library
- Manage calls and the automated phone messaging system and general inquiries from the [email protected] inbox
- Manage the AME Team calendar, and the boardroom booking schedule
- Manage the President and CEO’s calendar
- Maintain documents in our filing system
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Book travel arrangements and manage conference registration
- Submit and reconcile monthly expense reports for the President and CEO
3. Board and Executive Committee support (starting February 2024)
- Prepare meeting invitations, agendas, materials and take meeting minutes
- Support the execution of the calendar of governance activities
- Maintain a list of contact information for the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
4. AME and Committee and AME Roundup Duties
- Stay up to date with the AME Annual Work and Strategic Plans
- Build and retain relationships with existing and potential members by attending and/or staffing the AME booth at industry/non-industry conferences and networking events as necessary
- Assist with any planning and preparation for the annual conference, including the AGM, the Board and assist in packing and setting up supplies for the AME Roundup on-site office and registration desk
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Events Manager as required
5. Other duties related to the AME membership and other AME activities, as required
1. Education/work experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of directly related work experience
- Experience in working for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills. Experience taking meeting minutes is an asset
- Experience working with a membership‐based organization is an asset
- Experience working in the mineral exploration industry is an asset, but not required
2. Position related skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge using office systems with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to track, analyze and report information effectively both orally and in writing
- Skills to manage confidential issues and correspondence in a professional and discreet manner
- Able to think strategically and solve problems
3. Personal skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Able to function within a small, close team environment
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends, and overtime as required
- Able to travel as required
How to Apply
AME is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this exciting and rewarding career position. If you are interested in this leadership opportunity to be AME’s Administrative Assistant, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Keerit Jutla, President & CEO, at [email protected] by 12 pm (noon) Pacific Time, Friday, September 29, 2023.
AME is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all those who are interested to apply. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.