As the mineral exploration and mining sector continue to grow and expand, AME’s Board of Directors conducted a strategic review of how the association can provide the best possible support to the sector and its members. In 2018 an online survey was held for AME members and Roundup 2018 attendees during the last two weeks of January to help guide the strategic planning process and objectives.
The purpose of the 2018-2022 Strategic Plan is to guide the Associations activities and the allocation of resources for the benefit of AME members.
Each year, AME staff will develop and implement an Annual Work Plan to further the specific goals and priorities of the 2018-2022 Strategic Plan.
Goals and priorities may be revisited at any time and changes will be based on feedback from the membership at large, Committees, Committee Chairs and Vice-Chairs or staff and will be subject to final approval by the Board of Directors, under the advice of the Executive Committee.
Key Areas of Focus
1. Public and Stakeholder Awareness and Education
Predictable public support through informed and collaborative dialogue
- Create and leverage partnerships
- Leverage marketing and communications expertise of members
- Expand audiences to those outside of the industry
2. Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Successful projects and partnerships provide mutual benefit and support efforts towards reconciliation
- Build respectful relationships
- Enable dialogue and understanding
- Lead the industry by example
3. Membership Benefits and Services
Leadership, networking and access to expertise
- Provide policy leadership and progress
- Provide tools and best practices for members
- Increase membership value proposition by progressing key issues
- Increase awareness of full value proposition to membership
4. Mineral Exploration Roundup
Technical excellence and learning in all aspects of mineral exploration and development
- Leverage the vast expertise in BC
- Maintain and increase technical expertise
- Encourage diversity
5. Successful Exploration
Successful projects are developed expediently for the benefit of all British Columbians making BC the most favoured jurisdiction in Canada for mineral exploration and development
- Increase regulatory predictability
- Increase economic viability and confidence
- Integrate social responsibility
- Promote relevant and useful geoscience