The AME Introduction to Exploration Safety Short Course is a 6-hour self-paced online course. Registrants can access this informative training session anywhere and anytime. The course includes video presentations from specialists in their fields, together with accompanying slides and video transcriptions. Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter and earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Health and safety are fundamental cornerstones of mineral exploration and development. Since 1980, AME has provided leadership in providing tools and guidelines for a safe day, every day. Register now for an interactive learning experience based on the updated, highly successful AME short course that hundreds of explorers have attended since 1984.
$30 for students, $60 for AME members, $120 for non-members
Includes full access to the course content.
The AME Introduction to Exploration Safety Short Course, first held in 1984 and annually since 2003, is now provided in an all-new on-demand format for 2023. This information-packed course is designed for people heading out into the field for the very first time, and for those who would like a refresher.
Course content delivered by experts in exploration safety:
- Safety Together: How You Can Make A Difference presented by Kendra Johnston, AME
- Surface Transportation presented by Kate Snelling and Matt Brickenden, Equity Exploration Consultants
- Field Gear presented by Kate Snelling and Matt Brickenden, Equity Exploration
- Safe Approaches to Traversing in Remote Areas presented by Jack Morton, Archer, Cathro and Associates
- Safety Around Wildlife presented by Abby Cousins, North Coal
- Ice Safety and Cold Water Survival presented by Jim Douglas, Raven Rescue
- Helicopter Safety presented by Jonas Schuett, Anglo American
- Camp Hygiene, Safety and Regulation presented by Megan Frederick, KoBold Metals
Note: Once registered, it may take up to one business day to receive access to the course.
Thank you to our Short Course sponsor