For the past 19 years, AME has sought the best photographs of mineral explorers in action – in B.C. and around the world. Once again, we would like you to send your prized photos from the field: prospecting, collecting samples, doing geological work, drilling and conducting studies – photographs that best depict the variety of activities in the mineral exploration and development industry. See how AME presents the best photos in our publications.
This year, we are pleased to release a Bonus Video Category, sponsored by Enduro Metals so please include your very best video clips using any category criteria for inspiration!
We are also pleased to continue our Social Media Favourite competition #AMEintheField. Remember to use the hashtag #AMEintheField when uploading your fieldwork photos to your Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook, in order to be considered.
Submit your best photos for each or any of the following categories:
Prospecting and Early Exploration
Whether it’s digging in the dirt for samples, hammering the rocks, reading maps or simply casting an eye over prospective ground, we want to show what grassroots exploration looks like.
Initial drilling, trenching and fly-in camps are just a few ideas for photographs. Photographs that show people are best – scenic photographs that show the low-impact nature of mineral exploration are also great.
Definition drilling, bulk sampling and environmental studies are a few items covered in this category.
Site development, engagement and consultation, and activities that are part of the environmental assessment and are some topics covered here. Make planning come alive through your photos.
Restoration and Reclamation
In particular, send us your photographs showing reclamation of drill pads, access roads and previously explored areas. Before-and-after photographs are welcome and may be submitted together as one entry.
Category Winners: $100 – Awarded to the submission that best represents its respective category and meets the criteria below.
Social Media Favourite: $100 – Awarded to the photo with the most ‘Likes’ on Facebook, regardless of category. All entries will be chosen by AME staff through the #AMEintheField photo contest.
Grand Prize: $500 – Awarded to the submission that best meets the criteria outlined below.
Bonus Video Category – Prize TBC – Awarded to the best video, using any category criteria for inspiration!
Winners will be personally notified by AME. All winners will be announced in the December 2021 E-News.
Ideal photo submissions will:
- leverage imagery of people to emphasize the human element of exploration
- showcase people engaged in their work in the field, show us what it is like to work in mineral exploration!
- show people captured in a natural, candid way – never staged or posed
Additionally, photographs should:
- be original and have an immediate impact on the viewer
- demonstrate a diverse, safe, economically strong and environmentally responsible mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia
- be titled with submitter’s name, the subject and location of the photograph, including the names of subjects when applicable [ex. PhotoSubmitter_JohnDoeInMountains_StewartBC]
- be reproducible at 300 dpi at 11” ×5” (i.e., at least 3,300 × 2,550 pixels, or 8.4 megapixels)
- reproduce well in print, social and web media
- Photographers must have the consent of subjects being photographed as well as permission to submit a photograph of personal and/or company property (if applicable).
- Entries must be the original property of the photographer. A photographer may not submit a photograph that is the property of another person or organization (e.g., proprietary photographs of a company’s mineral exploration property).
- The photographer grants AME a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, starting at the time of submission, in perpetuity, to use the photograph in AME communications including, but not limited to, publications, social media, displays and AME-related use in news stories. The photographer retains the use of the entry and may continue to use the photograph in ways that do not infringe on AME’s use of the photograph.
- Entries may be submitted up to Friday, October 1, 2021 at 12 noon Pacific Time.
- Winners will be announced in AME’s December E-news.
To enter, click on the button below to fill in the form where you can drop your photo (under 30MB only) or add your file sharing link.