The Association for Mineral Exploration BC (AME) is currently seeking a Manager, Member & Sponsor Relations for its Vancouver office. This position will report directly to AME’s Director, Communications & Membership Relations and will work collaboratively with all staff, the Board of Directors, various committees, regional exploration groups and the diverse AME membership to implement the objectives of AME’s Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plan.
AME is the lead association for the mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia. Established in 1912, AME represents, advocates, protects, and promotes the interests of thousands of members who are engaged in the industry. Drawing from the Strategic Plan and annual top policy issues, AME delivers on its goals through a combination of advocacy, leadership, and partnerships. AME engages with governments, stakeholders and Indigenous communities and supports its members through clear initiatives, policy positions, events and tools that encourage a safe, inclusive, economically strong, and environmentally responsible mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
AME’s Manager, Member and Sponsor Relations will be expected to enhance, deliver, and grow AME’s membership and sponsorship programs. This exciting role is industry-facing, engaging with over 5,000 corporate and individual members to ensure member and sponsor benefits are being recognized, and that relationships are strong and mutually beneficial. This role is responsible for maintaining AME’s member database and for managing all aspects of AME’s membership and sponsorship programs. Member and sponsor feedback directly influences AME’s business planning by identifying opportunities to provide members with the solutions, tools, and guidance they require for successful exploration.
Specifically, AME’s Manager, Member & Sponsor Relations will be a relationship builder and an enthusiastic leader while fulfilling the following responsibilities:
Member Engagement & Development
- Lead and implement the membership engagement strategy to ensure that AME is proactively engaging with its membership.
- Maintain accurate and detailed membership records using AME’s member database.
- Lead an annual review of the membership value proposition and statistics including review of benefits, member categories, member prices, etc. and regularly updated membership collateral.
- Create, deliver, and analyze the annual AME survey to gain feedback from existing members.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential members by attending and/or staffing the AME booth at conferences and networking events. Note – this may involve overnight travel and work on the weekends and evenings.
- Working with the Regional Exploration Group, lead AME’s Regional Outreach Education program.
- Cultivate partnerships with other organizations and associations to provided additional value to AME and its members.
- Inform and influence the design of ongoing activities aimed at engaging the membership.
- In collaboration with the President & CEO and the Director, Communications & Membership set annual sponsorship priorities and goals.
- Coordinate and manage the annual sponsorship program, attracting new sponsors, maintaining positive relationship with current sponsors, and ensuring all benefits are delivered as promised.
- Identify and actively promote new sponsorship opportunities to existing and prospective members through events, conferences, and other communication platforms.
- Compile, maintain, and report on sponsorship statistics.
- Remain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to sponsorship/fundraising
Events and Conference
- In collaboration with the Manager, Events, create and maintain event registration system for AME events throughout the year.
- In collaboration with Manager, Events organize and execute member focused events including AME Open Houses, Old-Timers’ Lunches, Past President & Chairs Lunch and AME’s Mentorship program.
- Assist the Manager, Events with Roundup planning and execution including organizing the tradeshow and booth renewals, stakeholder group participation, registration, promotional code management, and on‐site management of the registration area, exhibit hall and volunteers.
- In collaboration with other AME staff, manage the coordination of AME’s activities at conferences including attendance, travel, sponsorship contributions, booth materials, etc.
AME and Committee Duties
- Stay up to date with and provide input for AME’s Annual Work and Strategic Plans.
- In collaboration with the Director, Communications & Membership, coordinate AME’s Membership Committee and associated sub-committees by scheduling meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes, distributing meeting materials, and assist in committee reporting to ensure objectives of AME’s Annual Work Plan are being achieved.
- In collaboration with the President and CEO or designate, coordinate AME’s Nominations Committee by scheduling meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes, distributing meeting materials and ensuring the Committee is meeting objectives and timelines as required by the Bylaws and committee Terms of Reference.
- In collaboration with the President and CEO or designate, coordinate the AME Annual General Meeting by preparing and communicate the meeting details and agenda, taking minutes, preparing meeting materials, ensuring the meeting is compliant with the Bylaws and managing attendance of members at the meeting.
Below are key skills, knowledge areas and qualifications for the position of Manager, Member & Sponsor Relations.
- Understanding of the mineral exploration and development industry and the vast and diverse group of people who are involved in this industry. Direct experience in mineral exploration or development is an asset.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with abilities to interact and find common ground with diverse audiences both internal and external.
- Experience in raising funds and gaining financial support for non-profit or charity organizations.
- Superior customer relations skills and the ability to converse professionally with all parties.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge using office systems and computer hardware and software, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom and Customer Relationship Management programs. Experience with Smartsheet is considered an asset.
- Highly developed teamwork skills ability to thrive in an environment of change, embracing flexibility and adaptability.
- Fiscal management and budgeting skills is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input.
- Demonstrated ability to set, meet and measure targets.
- Self starter with the ability to multitask and work independently.
- Ability to track, analyze and report information effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage confidential issues and correspondence in a professional and discreet manner.
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to build strong relationships, to maintaining detailed notes and to identify and seize business opportunities. This individual is an organized professional who is self-motivated, energetic, diplomatic, and capable of handling stress and challenges in a calm and positive manner. A genuine and confident communication style is important when representing the Association in a multitude of forums, including public, government and membership.
The Manager, Member & Sponsor Relations is expected to leverage their ability to achieve results through collaboration, have the flexibility to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, provide support to staff and committees, liaise and engage effectively with AME members, regional exploration groups, Indigenous governments and communities, and Governments to further the interests of the BC-based mineral exploration and development industry.
How to Apply
AME is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this exciting and rewarding career position. If you are interested in the opportunity to be AME’s Manager, Member & Sponsor Relations, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Kendra Johnston, President & CEO, at [email protected] by 12:00 pm (noon) pacific time, Thursday June 10, 2021.
AME is committed to serving its diverse membership by creating an equitable and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin, religion or religious belief.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.