For Excellence in Global Mineral Exploration
Awarded to those who have made a significant contribution, directly or indirectly, to enhance the mineral resources within Canada (exclusive of British Columbia and/or the Yukon Territory) or overseas through the original application of prospecting techniques or other geoscience technology.
The Award is open to individuals engaged in any phase of prospecting and mineral exploration within Canada (exclusive of BC and/or Yukon) or globally, nominated by an AME member or a member of an associated exploration and/or mining association.
When being considered for the AME Colin Spence Award, nominees will be assessed on their role in projects that demonstrate strong evidence of:
- A significant contribution and/or advancement to the enhancement of mineral resources within Canada (exclusive of BC and/or Yukon) or in foreign countries.
- The original application of prospecting techniques, or other geoscience technology, that contribute to the advancement.
- The impact of their contributions/advances on the mineral exploration and development industry.
- Alignment with AME’s Purpose, Mission, Guiding Principles and Core Values
2023 AME Award nominations now closed.
2022 Recipients: Craig Parry, Steve Blower, Andy Carmichael, and Justin Rodko
Craig Parry, Steve Blower, Andy Carmichael, and Justin Rodko are recognized with the 2022 AME Colin Spence Award for their discovery of the Hurricane Zone on the Larocque East property in 2018, arguably the most significant recent uranium discovery in the historically productive eastern part of the Athabasca Basin, Saskatchewan.
- R. Bob Singh and Chris Taylor
- David Adamson
- Garrett Ainsworth
- Ben Ainsworth
- Callum Baxter
- Ross J. Beaty
- David Broughton
- Terry Bursey
- Charles Forster
- Michael Gunning
- Dr. Tom Henricksen
- Sello Kekana
- Alistair McCreedy
- Crystal McCullough
- Fraser McCorquodale
- Joe Piekenbrock
- Duane Poliquin
- Morgan Poliquin
- Jeff Pontius and the International Tower Hill team
- Mark Rebagliati
- Ian Russell
- Roman Shklanka
- Bob Sibthorpe
- Rick Van Nieuwenhuyse
- Matthew Wunder
- Dr. Moira Smith