For Excellence in Leadership and Innovation in Mineral Exploration Health & Safety
The nominee(s) will have demonstrated one or more of the following: leadership and innovation excellence in exploration safety (individual or company); improvement in safety performance from year to year (company); and/or demonstrated efficient and compassionate behavior in dealing with an unfortunate accident (individual or company).
The Award is open to any company, organization or individual that is involved with the mineral exploration and development industry, nominated by an AME member or a member of an associated exploration and/or mining association.
When being considered for the AME David Barr Award, nominees will be assessed on:
- Leadership and innovation excellence in exploration safety (individual or company)
- Improvement in safety performance from year to year (company)
- Efficient and compassionate behavior in dealing with a tragic incident (individual or company).
- The impact of their contributions on the mineral exploration and development industry.
- Alignment with AME’s Purpose, Mission, Guiding Principles and Core Values
2023 AME Award nominations now closed.
2022 Recipient: Ed Beswick
Ed Beswick is awarded the 2022 AME David Barr Award for his leadership as Inspector of Mines in Prince George: Ed was instrumental in promoting safety on every visit he made to exploration sites throughout the Cariboo and Prince George areas over many years.
- The Tahltan Emergency Management Committee
- David Barr
- Brennan Dyck (Paycore Drilling)
- Graham Ennis
- Janice Fingler
- Doug Flynn
- Dave Green
- Michael Gunning
- Gordon Maxwell
- Bill Mercer
- Ian Paterson
- Chad Smith (Paycore Drilling)
- Lise Tompson-Cyr
- Harvey Tremblay
- Boart Longyear
- Diamonds in the Rough Emergency Rescue Organization, Inc.
- Geotech Drilling Services Ltd.
- Imperial Metals Corporation