- This event has passed.
Short Course: Health & Safety for Project Managers
April 13 @ 10:00 am – 3:30 pm PDT
Location: Online or AME Office
#800 – 889 W Pender St, Vancouver
Cost: $80 for AME Members; $140 for Non-members
Set yourself up and your crew for a safe day, every day during the 2023 field season. Join AME for our annual Health & Safety for Project Managers Short Course on Thursday, April 13 – either online or in person at the AME office. Topics include:
- Introduction to Project and Contract Management: Ron Voordouw, Equity Exploration Consultants Limited
- Let’s Get Real About Mental Health: Your Brain, Your Body & Stress: Tara Sudbury, Canadian Mental Health Association Vancouver-Fraser
- Working Around Water: Ron Morrison, Raven
- Working Around and Transporting Drills and Machinery: Kory Hnidan, Rio Tinto Exploration Canada Inc. and Abby Cousins, North Coal
- The Code – What’s New: Jorge Freitas, BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation (EMLI)
- Incident Reporting Requirements: Jordan Whynot, EMLI
A light lunch and hard copy of Safety Guidebook: Mineral Exploration in Western Canada will be included for in-person attendees.
Register by Wednesday, April 12.