With the theme Lens on Discovery and an eye on the newest trends and opportunities, the 2020 Roundup conference will explore the technical highlights and successes in the mineral exploration industry. We look forward to welcoming everyone at the Vancouver Convention Centre East Building – Under the Sails! All sessions and displays will be on the Main Level.
As we move through the fall and look forward to the conference, please keep up to date with news on our social channels. Follow us on:
Watch roundup.amebc.ca for regular updates and details on registration.
AME’s annual Mineral Exploration Roundup conference is where mineral explorers, industry professionals and leaders go to network. Roundup is a driving force for mineral exploration in Western Canada and the North and South American Cordillera. Now in its 37th year, the focus of the Conference is placing a lens on discovery to take a closer look at those projects, innovations and expertise that exemplify the passion and skill in our industry. Roundup 2020 brings people together around exceptional technical sessions and networking events.
By attending this year’s conference, you will expand your network, with more than 6,000 participants in attendance. Experience outstanding keynote speeches and informative panel discussions. Choose from exceptional technical sessions. Enhance your knowledge and expertise at a specific short course.
Speakers and Technical Programs
Learn from technical and financial experts in the mineral exploration and development community. Our highly regarded Technical Sessions will highlight projects that have overcome challenges to succeed by using a combination of tried and tested techniques and new, innovative solutions. Gain the global perspective as experts from around the world come together to share their latest findings, stories, successes and innovative ideas to further the exploration industry. Visit our website and hear more as Roundup 2020 speakers are announced!
Roundup 2020 Keynote Speaker
– to be announced
Official Opening Ceremonies
Monday, January 20
This session opens with a welcome from Chief Ian Campbell, hereditary chief and an elected councillor of the Squamish Nation. This follows with the proclamation declaring Mineral Exploration Week in British Columbia at an event attended by media and 600-plus leaders from mineral exploration and mining, investment, government and Indigenous communities.
AME has developed a highly technical slate of short courses in conjunction with our partners. Keep an eye on roundup.amebc.ca for registration details as pre-conference short courses (held Saturday, January 18 and Sunday, January 19). These often sell out well in advance of the conference.
The foundation of the conference are the exceptional technical sessions. The popular Base and Precious Metals Technical Sessions will return together with the traditional sessions that highlight exploration projects from across Canada and the world. The presentations will feature brilliant and accomplished professional mineral explorers highlighting their recent successes based upon research, innovation, technical expertise and project management.
Morning, Monday, January 20
Afternoon, Monday, January 20
Morning, Tuesday January 21
Afternoon, Tuesday, January 21
Precious Metals Session
Morning, Wednesday, January 22
Base Metals Session
Afternoon, Wednesday, January 22
Morning, Thursday, January 23
Most (79%) of attendees stated the main reason to attend Roundup is networking and socializing (see infographic). Approximately 6,500 participants from 49 countries attended Roundup 2019 (see the summary). Attendees work in a variety of industries. They practice in diverse roles in the industry and in the businesses that circle the industry. Join your peers and colleagues for the many legendary networking and relationship-building opportunities with mineral exploration and development industry professionals.
Sunday, January 19
Ice Breaker Reception
Student-Industry Networking Event
Chair’s Welcome Dinner (by invitation only)
Monday, January 20 – Wednesday, January 22
Exhibit Hall Happy Hour (daily)
Monday, January 20
Poster Session Reception
Tuesday, January 21
AME Finance Lunch
Gathering Place Reception
Wednesday, January 22
AME Environment, Health & Safety Awards Breakfast
Old Timer’s Lunch (by invitation only)
Awards Gala Celebration of Excellence
Thursday, January 23
TSX Market Close
Discovery Day – Free Family Event
Open to the public. The day is filled with exhibits and demonstrations that highlight the importance of minerals and metals in B.C. and share the intrigue and excitement of our industry. Attendees of all ages have the opportunity to try their hand at gold panning, explore and learn about the different types of rocks and Ice Age Fossils found throughout B.C. and the Yukon and experience virtual reality demos. Join in the fun at AME for Discovery Day on Sunday, January 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tell your friends and family!
AME’S Gathering Place
Be part of the conversation. Continuing the positive legacy from prior years and now in its seventh year, this two-day showcase event brings together leaders and representatives from Indigenous groups, industry and government. There are a variety of panels, session, presentations, networking sessions and a reception. It provides a welcoming space for respectful dialogue where participants have the opportunity to learn from each other’s experiences – lessons learned, best practices, challenges and successes relating to building mutually beneficial relationships during mineral exploration and development.
Exhibit Hall Programs
Innovation Hub and Stage
Daily and open to all attendees in the exhibit hall, the Innovation Hub returns for the third year. The Innovation Hub features companies that are developing new processes and technologies that can be applied to the mineral exploration industry. The Innovation Stage will feature presentations by exhibitors who will showcase their latest work. The Innovation Hub and stage participants work to improve ways to successively explore and develop. The program includes applications of earth science to mineral exploration, engagement of Indigenous groups, social responsibility and the role of various branches of government in responsible mineral exploration and development. Various companies are invited to highlight their innovative achievements applicable to our mineral exploration industry attendees. NEW to the Innovation Hub and stage: A Geophysics Session on Tuesday 9:30am to 12:00pm. Also included in the Exhibit Hall, and not to be missed, is the Core Shack, Prospectors’ Tent, Project Generators Hub and Poster Session.
AME Roundup 2020 Exhibit Hall
Showcase your company to over 6,000 registrants from B.C., Canada and across the globe, and connect with geoscientists, prospectors, investors, suppliers and First Nation partners. Visit roundup.amebc.ca for more information or contact Savannah Nadeau at [email protected].
The following exhibitors are confirmed as of August 2, 2019.
- 62 Degrees North Inc
- Abitibi Geophysics Inc
- Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs)
- AGAT Laboratories Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies
- Agnico Eagle
- AIL Mining Alaska Structures, Inc.
- ALS Global
- ALX Exploration & Mining Supplies
- ALX Uranium
- AMC Mining Consultants
- Anachemia Science (a VWR Company)
- Analytical Solutions Ltd.
- APEX Geoscience Ltd.
- Association for Mineral Exploration
- Aston Bay Holdings Ltd Atlas Drilling Ltd.
- Auracle Geospatial Science Inc.
- Aurora Geosciences Ltd.
- Avidian Gold Corp
- BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources
- BC Securities Commission
- BC Treaty Commission
- BCIT – Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Blackstone Minerals
- Blind Creek Resources Ltd. / Engineer Gold Mines Ltd.
- Blue Coast Research
- BMC Minerals
- Boart Longyear
- Bureau Veritas Canada (2019) Inc.
- Bureau Veritas Minerals
- C.J. Greig and Associates Ltd.
- Camfil Farr APC/Envirotech Air
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Canadian Helicopters Limited
- Canyon Equipment
- Caron Business Solutions Inc.
- Carube Copper Corp.
- CDN Resource Laboratories Ltd.
- CGG Challenger Geomatics Ltd.
- Chrono Aviation CIM (Canadian Institute Of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum)
- Coast Mountain Geological Ltd.
- Condor North Consulting ULC
- Constantine Metal Resources Ltd.
- Corescan Inc
- Corporate Traveller
- Crone Geophysics & Exploration Ltd.
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Datamine Deakin Industries DGI Geoscience Inc Dias Geophysical Di-Corp Discovery Group Discovery International Geophysics Inc. Discovery Mining Services Drillwell Enterprises DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Eagle Mapping Ltd. Eagle Plains Resources Ltd. / Terralogic Exploration Inc. Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences – UBC Okanagan Eastfield Resources Ltd. Ecofish Research Ltd. EMX Royalty Corp. Engineers and Geoscientists BC Ensol Systems Inc Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd ERM Evrim Resources Corp. Expert Geophysics Limited Extreme Products Inc. / Talik Industrial Inc. FORACO CANADA LTD. Fordia Group Inc Foremost Industries Foundex Explorations Ltd. Frontier Geosciences Inc. Frontier Power Products Ltd. Geoanalytical Laboratories – SRC Geometrics Geoscience BC Geotech Drilling Service Ltd. Geotech Ltd. Geotic Inc. Globalstar Canada Satellite Co. Golder Associates Ltd. Goldspot Discoveries Corp. Government of Greenland Government Of Nunavut Government of Saskatchewan Government of the Northwest Territories / Northwest Territories Geological Survey Government of Yukon Great Slave Helicopters 2018 Ltd. / Air Tindi Ltd. GroundTruth Exploration Hardrock Diamond Drilling Ltd. Hatfield Consultants HDI – Amarc Hecla Mining Company HEG & Associates Exploration Services Inc. Helicopter Transport Services (Canada) Inc. High Power Exploration (HPX) HiSeis Pty. Ltd. HydraCore Drills Hy-Tech Drilling Ltd. ICOM Canada Imago Imdex Limited Imperial Metals Corporation Independence Gold Corp. INFOSAT Communications LP Instrumentation GDD Inc. Integrated Sustainability International Directional Services IRL Supplies Ltd. Kemetco Research Kenn Borek Air Ltd Knight Piesold Ltd Komplete Modular Solutions Ltd. Laurentian University Lorax Environmental Services Ltd. Macon Industries Inc Major Drilling Malvern Panalytical Maptek Margaux Resources Ltd. Matrix Camps, Logistics & Aviation Management Maxwell GeoServices (Canada) Inc. MBI Drilling Products Inc. McCue Engineering Contractors McElhanney MDRU – Mineral Deposit Research Unit, UBC Midas Gold Corp. Midnight Sun Drilling Inc Mincon Canada Minerva Intelligence Inc. Mining Industry NL Mira Geoscience Ltd. MMD Mineral Sizing (Canada) Inc. Mobile Augers and Research MSALABS Mud Bay Drilling (2015) Ltd. Multi Power Products Ltd. National Compressed Air Canada Ltd. Natural Resources Canada Network Innovations New Brunswick Department of Energy and Resource Development Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Natural Resources New-Sense Geophysics Ltd. Nolinor Aviation Northspan Explorations Ltd. Northwest Territories Regions Northwestel Inc. NorZinc Ltd Nova Scotia Department of Energy and Mines Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated Omega Drilling OrbitGarant Drilling Orix Geoscience Inc Overburden Drilling Management Limited Pacific Geomatics Ltd. Peter E. Walcott & Associates Limited PhotoSat Pilot Diamond Tools Placer Gold Design Pothier Enterprises Ltd. Precision GeoSurveys Inc. Precision Petrographics Ltd. Precision Service & Pumps Inc. Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. Prolenc Manufacturing Inc Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Prospectors Supplies Pty Ltd. (Core Safe Core Trays) Province of BC, Mining Compliance and Enforcement Quantec Geoscience Radius Drilling Corp. Robertson Mfg Ltd S&P Global Market Intelligence Sabina Gold & Silver Corp. Sander Geophysics Scott Hogg & Associates Ltd. Secure-Rite Mobile Storage Inc. Seequent Selwyn Chihong Mining Ltd. SGS Canada Inc. SJ Geophysics Ltd. Skeena Resources Limited Skyline Assayers & Laboratories SkyTEM Canada Inc. SLAM Exploration Ltd. SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd. Small’s Expediting Ltd. Society of Economic Geologists Inc. (SEG) SolGold Plc Spatial Technologies SPECTIR SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. Stantec Consulting Ltd. State of Alaska Stephen Smith, Inc./ Larry R. Moyer Exploration, LLC. Stewart World Port Summit Air Ltd. Summit Camps Superior Propane SurveyTECH Instruments & Services Team Drilling LP TECH Directional Services Inc. Teck Resources Limited Terra Remote Sensing Inc Terrace Business Resource Centre Terrace Kitimat Airport Society dba Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat TerraCore Terrane Geoscience Inc. Terraplus Inc. Terraquest Ltd. Tetra Tech Thane Minerals Inc. The Valard Group of Companies Tintina Air Trans North Helicopters TSL Laboratories Tufport Industries Ltd. Tundra Sales Inc. University of Alberta Veolia Water Technologies Canada Inc. Weatherhaven Wood Yukon Chamber of Mines Yukon College Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining Yukon Dan Zimtu Capital Corp. Zonge International Inc.
Partners and Sponsorship
By partnering with AME, companies are able to increase their visibility and interact with key government and Indigenous leaders. Partners will have the benefit of showcasing their stories, best practices, techniques and new, innovative solutions through technical sessions, panels and exhibition opportunities to a diverse and influential audience. For the options this year and information on the levels or program sponsorship and to become a partner or sponsor for AME Roundup, contact Roxanne Finnie, AME’s Director, Events and Membership, at 604.630.3927 or [email protected].
Thank you and we recognize the following sponsors who have renewed for Roundup 2020 (current as of July 30, 2019).