For the past 20 years, our members have taken out their cameras and captured the essence of what a day in the life of a mineral explorer looks like. Once again, we would like to see your photos from the field, from grassroots prospecting to collecting samples, geological mapping, geophysical and environmental surveys, drilling and reclamation. With fantastic prizes up for grabs, contestants will have the beauty of their work showcased through AME’s annual events, tools and publications. Your photos help us build awareness and engagement with school students, government, communities, and First Nations. Get snappy happy!
Early Exploration – $100 prize
Show us the human side of exploration as well as stunning scenery of the areas where you work. In the ‘Early Exploration’ category, we are looking for photos of people collecting samples, mapping, laying out cables, helicopters and setting up fly camps.
Advanced Exploration – $100 prize
Make advanced exploration come alive through your photos. We are looking for photos of teams logging boxes of core, bulk-sampling and trenching, definition drilling, helicopter slinging and large-scale environmental studies.
Sustainable Exploration – $100 prize
Sponsored by Anglo American
Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) is a key pillar in successful exploration and mining. Show us ESG in action with photos of environmental remediation, community engagement, health and safety best practices all while highlighting the diversity and inclusion of our industry.
Best Video – $100 prize
During any stage of mineral exploration, show us your best video clips in the field. Flip your camera onto video mode and get filming now – drones shots are encouraged!
Social Influencer – $100 prize
Using the criteria from any of the categories above, the social influencer prize is awarded to the photo with the most likes on Instagram – must be tagged with #AMEintheField and #AMEMember
Grand Prize – $500 prize
The Grand Prize is awarded to the photographer that takes the photo that takes our breath away!
Winners will be personally notified by AME. All winners will be announced in the December 2022 E-News.
Ideal photo submissions will:
- leverage imagery of people to emphasize the human element of exploration
- showcase people engaged in their work in the field: show us what it is like to work in mineral exploration!
- show people captured in a natural, candid way – never staged or posed
Additionally, photographs should:
- be original and have an immediate impact on the viewer
- demonstrate a diverse, safe, economically strong and environmentally responsible mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia
- be titled with photographer’s name, the subject and location of the photograph, including the names of subjects when applicable [ex. PhotoSubmitter_JaneDoeInMountains_StewartBC]
- be reproducible at 300 dpi at 11” ×5” (i.e., at least 3,300 × 2,550 pixels, or 8.4 megapixels)
- reproduce well in print, social and web media
- Photographers must have the consent of subjects being photographed as well as permission to submit a photograph of personal and/or company property (if applicable).
- Entries must be the original property of the photographer. A photographer may not submit a photograph that is the property of another person or organization (e.g., proprietary photographs of a company’s mineral exploration property).
- The photographer grants AME a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, starting at the time of submission, in perpetuity, to use the photograph in AME communications including, but not limited to, publications, social media, displays and AME-related use in news stories. The photographer retains the use of the entry and may continue to use the photograph in ways that do not infringe on AME’s use of the photograph.
Entries may be submitted up to Friday, September 30, 2022, at 12 noon Pacific Time.
Winners will be announced in AME’s December E-news.